Where to find music for your videos? There are hundreds of websites with millions of songs to choose from and each offers different genres, functionalities, and licenses.
Copyright free music or no-copyright music means it’s free of royalty fees and you can use it on your videos, also if you monetize them. Some authors require you to credit their music in the video description, but no royalties are asked to you.
In my opinion, the best options to find nice free music for your video content are:
- Free Music Archive – This is one of the most important websites for discovering curated music and sounds for all types of content. Every MP3 you discover on The Free Music Archive is pre-cleared for certain types of uses that would otherwise be prohibited by copyright laws that were not designed for the digital era. – https://freemusicarchive.org/
- ccMixter – This is a community music remixing site featuring remixes and samples licensed under Creative Commons licenses. You are free to download and sample from music on this site and share the results with anyone, anywhere, anytime. Some songs might have certain restrictions, depending on their specific licenses. Each submission is marked clearly with the license that applies to it. – https://ccmixter.org/
- Bensound – This site has been created by Benjamin Tissot, also know as Bensound, a composer and musician based in France who has been creating music for more than 10 years. You can use Bensound’s music available under the Creative Commons License (with the black download button) in your multimedia project (online videos, websites, animations, etc.) for free as long as you credit Bensound. – https://www.bensound.com/
- SoundCloud – As the world’s largest music and audio platform, SoundCloud lets people discover and enjoy the greatest selection of music from the most diverse creator community on earth. Since launching in 2008, the platform has become renowned for its unique content and features, including the ability to share music and connect directly with artists, as well as unearth breakthrough tracks, raw demos, podcasts and more. This is made possible by an open platform that directly connects creators and their fans across the globe. Music and audio creators use SoundCloud to both share and monetize their content with a global audience, as well as receive detailed stats and feedback from the SoundCloud community. – https://soundcloud.com/
- Audio Library – This is a Website dedicated to search, catalog, sort and publish royalty free music for content creators. A big selection of background music ideal for your videos and projects. Free download and no copyright music from the latest trendiest artists in the world. You can find here the next successful song, for real. – https://www.audiolibrary.com.co/
+++ Special Mention +++
- YouTube Audio Library – The massive YouTube Audio Library, with her advanced search functionalities, allows you to sort by genre, instrument, duration, attribution, and even mood. This is the right place to find music and sounds for your video content in a really easy and fast way. To access the YouTube Audio Library, you must have an active YouTube account. – https://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary/music
+++ Note +++
Oman by Max McFerren is the song used in the video and is taken from the YouTube Audio Library. It is free to use, but I always like to give credit to the artist.