Test your Internet connection bandwidth to locations around the world with this interactive broadband speed test completely free and opensource. No Flash, No Java, No Websocket, No Bullshit is the LibreSpeed motto.
Although Ookla SpeedTest is an undisputed authority, it is also used on third-party websites in a customized version, always with the measurement and quality standard imposed by the Seattle, Washington company, launched in this market a few years ago, there are several interesting alternatives and we here offer you the most libre of all, LibreSpeed.
A speed test, to be as truthful as possible, should be conducted via a network cable, not WiFi, because this is subject to many factors that can seriously vary the results, possibly keeping your network as free as possible or no connected mobile phones that they are browsing or downloading data, no consoles, decoders, etc. The more your network is free, the more sensible the speed test will be.
All modern browsers are supported: IE11, latest Edge, latest Chrome, latest Firefox, latest Safari.
Works with mobile versions too.
- IP Address, ISP, distance from server (optional)
- Telemetry (optional)
- Results sharing (optional)
- Multiple Points of Test (optional)
Reference and resources
- LibreSpeed – Speedtest | Free and Open Source Speedtest – https://librespeed.org/
- LibreSpeed – Speedtest | Self-hosted Speedtest for HTML5 and more – https://github.com/librespeed/speedtest
- LibreSpeed – Speedtest | Quick start installation guide for Ubuntu Server 19.04 – https://fdossena.com/?p=speedtest/quickstart_v5_ubuntu.frag