We too, like everyone else, since childhood, have dreamed of writing a fabulous book and publishing it with the best publishing house, and also of having a planetary success. Who has never dreamed about it? Then, we ran into all the complicated and infinite process of sending our manuscript to numerous publishers and waiting for months, if not years, before receiving infinite negative responses.
Maybe we had written a really bad book, but maybe not. And maybe one of our audiences could still have had it. Who knows. But today times have changed, today we no longer have to submit to the undisputed dominance of publishing houses, today we can literally give a damn about the book publishers. Today we can publish our book without too many worries and, if we decide to rely on modern digital technology, we can also do it for free or spending very little.
The digital publishing revolution. His Majesty the eBook
The eBook is the short form for ‘electronic book’, and it is intended as a digital form of the traditional paper book but ready to be read on modern devices such as computers, smartphones, tablets, or ebook readers. A normal eBook has digital pages that people can navigate through, and are packaged as specific ebook formats like ePub, MOBI or others, but also as PDF documents.
To go deeper on eBook formats, here a summary:
- AZW and MOBI – These are proprietary file types designed for the Kindle, the e-reader device line made by Amazon. However, users can also open these file formats on smartphones, tablets, and computers through the free Kindle apps.
- EPUB – This is an eBook file format that uses the .epub file extension. The term is short for electronic publication and it is supported by many e-readers, and compatible software is available for most smartphones, tablets, and computers.
- ODF – The opensource document standard, a file type made for LibreOffice and OpenOffice, an open suite of programs like Microsoft Office.
- PDF – A Portable Document Format that fits better on computers, tablets and big screens, it is not adapt to eBook readers and smartphones. It is a universal format, so every device can read it.
With an eBook reader, you get a lot of advantages: in the space that a comparably sized physical book takes up, an e-reader can contain thousands of eBooks, limited only by its memory capacity. Depending on the device, an eBook may be readable in low light or even total darkness. Many e-readers have a built-in light source, can enlarge or change fonts, use text-to-speech software to read the text aloud for visually impaired, elderly or dyslexic people or just for convenience.
How to create a stunning professional eBook without too much effort
Make your next eBook a bestseller with a professional design that catches the eye, but how to do it?
There are several systems for creating eBooks, from simple online layouts to professional software costing several thousand dollars/euros. We here, want to show you some simple possibilities that cost little or nothing and available online for everyone.
You can design a Professional-Quality eBook online with Canva. Just like in a bookstore, an online buyer will browse through multiple eBooks and will probably judge them by their covers, so for this reason you need to make a great first impression. When you create an eBook in Canva, you can rest-assured that you’ll have access to the most eye-catching and brilliant designs so that you have the best chance of standing out.
Choose from the Canva library of professionally created templates and upload your own photos or choose from over 1 million stock images. Fix your images, add stunning filters and edit text. Save and share. Done it!
Turn your static PDF document into a powerful HTML5 ebook in just a few clicks. FlippingBook will help you create a stunning professional eBook with a built-in lead capture form, realistic pageflip effect, interactive features, advanced analytics, and more.
With FlippingBook, your eBook will also reflect your brand—add your company logo leading to your website, set up a custom publication link, embed engaging videos into your eBook, and stay in control of its design.
Sqribble is a cloud-based eBook creator tool. It allows you to create professional-looking eBooks, based on templates inside the tool, with a few clicks, saving you a huge amount of time and money.
With Sqribble, you can:
- Create amazing eBooks, reports, and whitepapers in minutes.
- Use more than 50 templates to select from in 15 popular niche categories.
- Skip writing anything with their automated content engine.
Just click, design, and publish your own ebooks, reports, and whitepapers in minutes. No installation required because Sqribble is compatible with all computers, such as Linux, macOS, and Windows systems.
The revolution is the automatic content process: you can use Sqribble to fill your book with expert content, so you don’t have to write a word. The automatic content is taken from the web pages, based on the URL you provide, but you can also paste it, upload a text file or extract it from a word processor document or choose from their own library of niche articles.
Sqribble makes it more easy and accessible for anyone to create ebooks in a matter of minutes. With drag and drop design, a huge archive of templates, covers, fonts and themes, many options for content, and a super useful dashboard for creators, make an amazing and professional eBook with Sqribble is like a simple game. So, what are you waiting for to make your best selling eBook?
References and resources
- E-book from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-book
- Canva | Design professional eBooks – https://www.canva.com/create/ebooks/
- FlippingBook | The eBook creator – https://flippingbook.com/ebook-creator
- Sqribble | The professional eBook creator – https://cialu.net/sqribble